Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

I hadn't thought about this until just last night, but I think my excitement level over holidays directly corresponds to when the traditional specials start airing on T.V. I had the pleasure of watching the Peanuts classic by Charles Schultz, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown with my little boy last night. He seemed to get a kick out of it... and I enjoyed watching him be entertained by the same thing that entertained me this time of year when I was growing up. Did you realize it was made way back in 1966! Talk about staying power. Anyway, I'm feeling nostalgic over how excited I used to get for Halloween now... the Great Pumpkin was apparently a trigger. Just like Pavlov's dog! Happy Halloween!

Wikipedia link to The Great Pumpkin
IMDB link to Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin T.V. Special
Amazon link to buy the Charlie Brown video

Thinking about other shows synonymous with holidays... specifically Christmas:
A Christmas Story - (Side note: Ralphie popped up recently in The Break Up with Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn!)
A Christmas Carol
It's A Wonderful Life
The claymation Rudolph videos
Of course, National Lampoon's take on Christmas

No comments: