Monday, March 9, 2009

My Vegetable Garden Wish List

This is the list I've compiled of vegetables I would like to try in the garden this summer. Again, I am in Northwest Iowa. I'm considering this list a place to start. Admittedly, I will have to whittle this down into something more manageable as I'm sure I won't have the space, or probably time, to put in, and maintain, everything that is on it. Here it is, in no logical order at all.

Sweet Corn (hey, this is Iowa after all)
Sunflower
Pumpkins
Gourds
Squash
Cucumber
Beans
Tomato
Melons
Lettuce
Raddish
Beets
Carrots
Strawberries
Zucchini
Potatoes
Peppers
Garlic
Onion
Cabbage
Broccoli
Kohlrabi
Peas
Egg Plant
Spinach
Asparagus
Cauliflower

I've already ordered "Heritage Raspberries" from Gurney's. They say they will deliver them when the time is right for planting. I will slowly be working through the rest of the list above, and determining what varieties and how much of each one of the above I will be planting. Check back, hopefully I can post notes on my research for the best plants.

No comments: